Just finished migrating my website from SQLite to MySQL. What a rush. (lol)

It was actually not as bad as I thought. A lot of sed, grep and other sorcery involved; especially in transforming of SQLite statements to MySQL.

Some quick commands I used:

sqlite techish.db .dump > production_2018-08-23.dump.sql

I found that it used quotes for tables and column names, so I had to remove those first and foremost.

sed -i '/INSERT INTO/,/VALUES (/s/"//g' production_2018-08-23.dump.sql

Next I found that there was an error using mysql -ufoo -p mynewdatabase < production_2018-08-23.dump.sql because the table creations were failing still. So I did a quick fresh install of a vanilla WordPress install, did a dump of the database and just grabbed the table creation parts out:

Dump fresh database:

mysqldump -ufoo -p wordpres > wordpress.sql

Next, I just want table creations…

awk '/CREATE TABLE/, /) ENGINE/' wordpress.sql > create_tables.sql

Next, run create_tables.sql on my new database and then import data.

mysql -ufoo -p mynewdatabase < create_tables.sql

Sweet, that worked and I have a baseline of tables now.

Now importing the data…

#mysql, #sqlite, #wordpress

s
search
c
compose new post
r
reply
e
edit
t
go to top
j
go to the next post or comment
k
go to the previous post or comment
o
toggle comment visibility
esc
cancel edit post or comment