Windows 7 SP1 x64 attempting to add to a 2012 R2 Essentials domain with Essentials Connector.
I verified date and time already.
Looking at the cert I think that is the problem.
Microsoft says to take a look at: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj635102.aspx
My problem is that I renewed the Server CA cert… and now the connector was using the incorrect. So I need to install the latest CERT as a trusted cert on the machine giving me this problem:
- On the WHS, launch Certification Authority from the Administrative Tools menu
- Right-click on the <Server>-CA node and select Properties.
- In the Certificates tab of the Properties window, you should see at least two certificates, numbered sequentially. Double-click the newest certificate.
- In the Certificate window, select the Details tab, and click the Copy to File button
- Step through the certificate export wizard, choosing any of the first three formats (I used the PKCS #7 format, and selected to include all certificates in the certification path).
- Save the file to a location that is accessible to the client you’re trying to connect (or a USB drive).
- On the client machine giving trust issues, open the certificate management console for the local computer by performing the following:
- From a Run line, enter mmc.exe
- In the empty console, go to File -> Add/Remove Snap-in
- Double-click Certificates
- Select Computer Account and click Next
- Choose Local Computer, and click Finish
- Find the Trust Root Certificates node, and expand Certificates
- From the Action menu, Choose All Tasks -> Import
- Ensure that the Store Location is Local Machine, and click Next
- Browse to the file you exported earlier, click Next
- Finish the wizard, and ensure that the new certificate appears in the certificate store
- Re-run the Connector software. It should now run successfully.