When opening Outlook 2007 a user got the message:
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
First thing’s first, I did go and set Outlook as the default mail client. Here are a few methods to do this. I used Method 1.
Method 1: Set as default within outlook.
- Open Outlook, Click on File < Options.
- Under General, in Start up options group check the option Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Method 2: Set as default from control panel.
- Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set Default Programs
- Select Outlook under Programs list and click on Set as default.
- Click Ok.
- Navigate to Control Panel< Programs< Default Programs< Set program access and computer defaults.
- Click on the arrow mark pointing downward next to Custom to expand Custom option.
- Under Choose a default email program, highlight Microsoft Outlook and click Ok.
That Didn’t Work
Still got the error after doing this.
Repair Install Office
I decided to take a hammer approach and run a repair install of Office 2007. This did work for me.