When installing Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, encountered an error:
The vpn client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot.
This error is due to Internet Connection Sharing being enabled. To resolve, disable ICS per adapter, or globally through Services.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Right-click the shared connection and choose Properties
- Click the Sharing tab
- Clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection checkbox
- Click OK
- Click the Start button (Windows’ orb)
- Type: services.msc and press ENTER
- Double-Click on Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
- Change Startup Type to Disabled
- Reboot the computer