Direct download of the ChromeOS Flex bin files are available at Chromium Dash.
The ChromeOS Flex recovery does not work on Linux, but you can use the following to workaround that.
Here are the instructions for the Linux script:
- On the Linux computer, download the Recovery Tool.
- Change the script permissions to allow execution with the following command:
sudo chmod 755 linux_recovery.sh
- Run the script with root privileges with the following command:
sudo bash linux_recovery.sh --config https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos/recovery/cloudready_recovery.conf
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create recovery media.
- To continue to recover your Chromebook, follow the steps above.
Here are a couple photos of me running this on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M70z 16GB RAM i5-10400U 6 core with 512GB SSD.