To disable the Simplified Account Creation dialog box in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019 or Outlook for Office 36 and use the traditional account dialog box instead, follow these steps.
Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
- Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the user settings subkey in the registry:
or the group policy subkey in the registry:
- Point to New on the Edit menu and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press Enter.
- Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, select Exit to exit Registry Editor.