Install Windows Admin Console on a Domain Controller

WARNING:
Doing this may damage your system. Microsoft has no documentation as to why WAC is not supported on a domain controller. Please only use this for educational/lab purposes. You’ve been warned!

The installer sets the MsiNTProductType property for Windows NT, Windows 2000, and later operating systems. This property indicates the Windows product type.

For Windows 2000 and later operating systems, the installer sets the following values. Note that values are the same as of the wProductType field of the OSVERSIONINFOEX structure.

Value Meaning
1 Windows 2000 Professional and later
2 Windows 2000 domain controller and later
3 Windows 2000 Server and later

For operating systems earlier than Windows 2000, the installer sets the following values.

Value Meaning
1 Windows NT Workstation
2 Windows NT domain controller
3 Windows NT Server

With that being said, I started up Orca MSI Editor. I found the MsiNTProductType by doing a search and changed the condition of the Action SetSUPPORTED_SERVER_SKU to the following.

WIN_10 AND (MsiNTProductType = 3 OR MsiNTProductType = 2)

I also came across LaunchCondition task and in this there is a check that I removed:

Installed OR (MsiNTProductType <> 2)

Another Sage 50 user or Workstation is Accessing this Company…

Another Sage 50 user or workstation is accessing this company area or performing a similar company process. Please wait a moment and try again. If you believe you received this message in error, have all users exit Sage 50 and try again.

We are experiencing this exact issue.  I’ll be looking more in-depth to see if I can narrow it down.  A cursory Google search for:  sage “pt.lck” brought me to this forum post and the post you replied to about a month ago.  These problems began after the upgrade to 2020 for all15 users here.  Sporadic.  Sometimes the backups fail as well.  The backups are supposed to get everyone out, from my understanding, but it doesn’t seem to work properly.  I have gone as far as total (complete) reinstall on the server, and workstations, with no luck.  So there’s something else going on.  Maybe it’s a simple problem, and I’m overcomplicating it but I am going to start looking into why Sage just disappears.  The hint is probably in that.

I have a PT.LCK that is owned by a different user than the user that created the SUA00021.LCK file.  I checked the user that created the SUA00021.LCK file to see if Sage was running and it was not “visible” on the desktop.  I terminated (taskkill /f /im peachw.exe) on the workstation.  Did not let go of the SUA00021.LCK so I then had to terminate forcefully Actian (taskkill /f /im w3dbsmgr.exe) and restart it (net start psqlwge).  Once Actian/Pervasive was restarted, the lock on the SUA00021.LCK file was let go and as soon as I renamed it, users were able to launch Sage again.

Another Sage 50 user or workstation is accessing this company area or performing a similar company process. Please wait a moment and try again. If you believe you received this message in error, have all users exit Sage 50 and try again.

— Sage 50 Accounting