Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Opera Benchmarks

width=512

I’m not a browser war kinda dude but I had some free time and decided to run some benchmarks after installing IE10 today on my Windows 7 workstation.  Here are the results of what I found.

Browsers Tested

  • Internet Explorer 10
  • Chrome 23.0.1271.95 m
  • Firefox 17.0
  • Opera 12.11

Benchmarks/Tests Performed

  • V8 Benchmark Suite (7)
  • Futuremark
  • ACID3
  • RoboHornet Alpha1
  • Octane v1

Environment

Windows 7 Professional x64 (Lenovo ThinkCentre m90p [Intel i5, 4GB RAM]).  Tested 1 browser at a time;  all applications closed.  Fresh installs of each browser with default settings in tact.

Results V8 Benchmark Suite (ordered by best to worst)

Chrome

width=302

Chrome

 

Firefox

width=304

Firefox

 

Internet Explorer

width=299

Internet Explorer 10

Opera

width=300

Opera

Futuremark Benchmark (results ordered best to worst)

Opera

width=737

Opera

Internet Explorer

width=869

Internet Explorer

Chrome

width=816

Chrome

Firefox

width=783

Firefox

 ACID3 (results all 100/100)

Internet Explorer

width=644

Internet Explorer

Chrome

width=645

Chrome

Firefox

width=644

Firefox

Opera

width=646

Opera

RoboHornet Alpha1

Internet Explorer

width=993

Internet Explorer

Chrome

width=996

Chrome

Firefox

width=998

Firefox

Opera (Kept crashing, sorry)

Octane v1 (results ordered best to worst)

Chrome

width=1199

Chrome

Firefox

width=1192

Firefox

Opera

width=1201

Opera

Internet Explorer

width=1177

Internet Explorer

 

 

IOPS Calculator

Here are some of the links I have for IOPS calculators on my site:

https://techish.net/hardware/raid-iops-mbps-and-more-excel-cheat-sheet/
https://techish.net/hardware/iops-calculator-and-raid-calculators-estimators/

Some useful information on some of the graphing I had done with SQLIO measurements

https://techish.net/windows/sqlio-scripts-and-graphs/
https://techish.net/windows/visualizing-sqlio-disk-benchmark-results-using-a-pivotchart/

Testing Disk IO in Linux

https://techish.net/linux/testing-disk-in-linux-using-fio/

End of Availability of VMware ESX 4.x

  Dear Valued Customer,

VMware is announcing an End of Availability (“EoA”) date for VMware vSphere®   ESX hypervisor 4.x and for VMware Management Assistant (“vMA”) versions 1 and   4. The end of   availability date is August 15, 2013. This is a follow-on   communication to the general announcement made in July 2011 in connection   with the launch of vSphere 5.0.

This notification has NO IMPACT on existing vSphere ESXi 4.x   environments, and customers are NOT required to take any action.   However, it is recommended that customers make a backup or keep an archived   copy of these binaries and generate any necessary license keys in order to   maintain or expand a vSphere ESX hypervisor version 4.x or vMA versions 1 and   4 environment. These steps should be completed prior to August 15, 2013.   VMware will not provide any binaries or license keys for vSphere ESX   hypervisor 4.x or vMA versions 1 and 4 after August 15, 2013.

Additional information can be found at:
www.vmware.com/go/esx-end-of-availability

Please note:

  • vSphere ESX hypervisor 4.X and vMA support lifecycle
    The end of support life (“EOSL”) date remains May 21, 2014. VMware’s        support lifecycle page can be found at: www.vmware.com/support/policies/lifecycle/enterprise-infrastructure/eos.html
  • Customer’s ability to use the binaries of vSphere ESX        hypervisor 4.x or vMA versions 1 and 4 past August 15, 2013
    Customers retain the ability to use licensed binaries past the EoA or        EOSL dates. However, they will not be able to download binaries or        generate new license keys after the EoA date or obtain technical support        and subscription after the EOSL date.
  • vSphere ESXi 4.X availability and support – There is NO impact
  • vMA 4.1, 5, or 5.1 availability and support for all        versions – There is        NO impact

Bulk add TXT DNS Record to Zones in Windows

Had more than a handful of domains I needed to add TXT record for in Windows DNS (2003). I did it using dnscmd from 2003 Toolkit and command line.

This will enumerate the zones (I search for Primary and exclude reverse):

dnscmd /enumzones | find /I Primary | find /V Rev > zones.txt

After I have a zones.txt file, I then loop through it to add the TXT record.

for /f %x in (zones.txt) do dnscmd . /recordadd %x @ TXT v=spf1 mx -all