A few links here for the stock kernel to revert back to non-rooted.
Stock Kernel PDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18535109&postcount=174
Download the PDF of this: Performance Recommendation Handout_081010
What is Turbo Performance:
An optional premium feature, that when enabled, boosts the performance of a storage system across both throughput and IOPs workloads. This implementation is based on a firmware algorithm and does not require any new hardware dependencies.
Turbo Performance Feature Rules of Thumb:
Use Turbo Performance Feature when:
The storage system performance demands exceed the base maximum performance across either the FC or SAS host interfaces.
- Refer to page 2 for recommendations based on four corner performance testing
- Often, IOPs performance is often not realized with Turbo Performance Feature until target drive quantities are achieved. For throughput, improvement is achieved at very low drive quantities.
Note: Performance is dependant not only on the storage system and drives, but also the host, OS, HBAs and the application workload. Therefore, results may vary!
Note: As 1Gb/s iSCSI may be a bottleneck in taking full advantage of the Turbo Performance feature (minimal improvement in overall performance), this feature is not recommended for use the iSCSI daughter card, but for SAS and FC.
Environments that may benefit from Turbo Performance:
While almost every environment can realize the benefits of the Turbo Performance feature, the following environments may especially benefit:
Video streaming, rich media
3D modeling and simulation
High performance computing (HPC)
Real‐time data backup
Online retail (online transaction processing)
Distributed data collection
SAN Volume Controller and ProtecTIER implementations
Focus on positioning the Turbo Performance feature for those customers with bandwidth‐intensive applications
Selling Script / Questions to Ask You Customer:
1. What types of applications/environments do you intend for the DS3500 to support?
- Multiple (due to virtualization and consolidation) – go to question #2
- Throughput/bandwidth intensive – go to question #2
- IOPs intensive – go to question #3
2. The Turbo Performance feature allows you to take full advantage of your DS3500’s performance capabilities with throughput‐intensive applications. Let me share with you the performance improvements you may achieve based on your drive count for both read and write performance (refer to second page of handout)
3. Up to how many drives are you planning on scaling to with you DS3500?
- Over 60 – go to question #4
- Under 60 – revisit the Turbo Performance feature with this customer when their drive quantity gets closer to 60 drives
4. For IOPs performance, the Turbo Performance feature is beneficial for high drive count configurations. Let me share with you the performance improvements you may achieve for both read and write performance (refer to second page of handout)
I finished up a new linux server build tonight. Migrated WordPress, DNS, mail, FTP and a handful of other services to this new server as well as installing LXDE GUI front-end.
Week in pictures of Bella! The first week of pictures of our 11wk old Newfoundland puppy Bella.
These are quick notes on configuring spamassassin filtering with the free HMailserver mail server on Windows. Takes less than 10 minutes to do this and it is pretty effective in my initial testing. Note that I have not tweaked Spamassassin much.
- Install HMailServer (outside scope of this note): http://hmailserver.com/
- Download SpamAssassin pre-built by JAM Software and Install: http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin/
- Grab NSSM (non-sucking service manager): http://nssm.cc/download/?page=download
- Install the spamassassin service with this command:
nssm install spamassassin c:program filesjam softwarespamassassin for windowsspamd.exe
- Modify service via services.msc and set the Recovery options to REstart the service for each item
- Create Windows task to update spamassassin rules (sa-update) nightly. The new task should run daily, somewhere around 1am I suppose. Point the executable to:
c:program filesjam softwarespamassassin for windowssa-update.bat
- Modify sa-update.bat and add the following two lines after the sa-update command:
sc stop spamassassin
sc start spamassassin
c:program filesjam softwarespamassassin for windowsupdatechannels.txtand add the following (or your own) channels:
- Start the spamassassin Windows service or restart it. Make sure spamd process is running. Confirm in Task Manager or however you want. If prompted, allow it through Windows firewall or add the TCP port 783 yourself to Windows firewall.
- In HMailServer Admin panel, Navigate Settings -> Anti-Spam -> SpamAssassin tab.
- Enable: Use Spamassassin
- Check Use score from SpamAssassin
- Click Test… and verify results.
c:program filesjam softwarespamassassin for windowsetcspamassassinlocal.cfto your needs.
- Restart spamassassin service