It never ceases to amaze me at how much I still don’t know and how much cool stuff is out there application-wise.
I was wanting to create a bootable UFD for the Windows 8 Developer preview and needed to remind myself the commands to use via “diskpart”. Ended up Googling it and came across a tool that Microsoft actually made for doing this which is quite nice.
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
You can use this to create Windows 7 bootable USB drive and/or DVD (and use it to create Windows 8 bootable by pointing it to the Windows 8 Developer preview ISO).
I also had posted earlier on how to use diskpart to create a bootable UFD.
If you get this error:
when trying to use a custom ISO, check out Rafael’s blog from 2009 – he made a tool to fix this and explains what the problem is.
Incoming search terms:
- how to use windows 7 usb dvd download tool
- the selected file is not a valid iso file please select a valid iso file and try again
- the selected file is not valid iso file windows xp dvd usb tool
- Windows 7 DVD/USB Download Tool selected file not vaild iso error
- windows 7 usb dvd download tool please select valid iso command