When trying to burn an ISO to a CD-R earlier today using UltraISO Trial software, I (of course, when in a hurry) received the following error:
Error setting write page mode
Ah, I remember running into this last time I reinstalled Windows 7 Professional 64bit.
I pulled up my notes and found a link to EZB’s forum which talked about this issue and made mention that the driver needed updated.
Here’s the EZB Forum Link discussing the “Error setting write mode page” that I found useful.
I ventured out to Lenovo’s support website as I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p desktop unit and grabbed the driver.
A reboot after the installation (it was only 9.6MB not 9GB to download — I notice they have many typos like this on the website) now has me working with UltraISO.
Lesson here is that after a Windows install — Make sure you update drivers from Manufacturer! Windows’ drivers usually aren’t the best, of course.
Note: I did come back to this problem to fix it. I used Windows’ Disc Image Burner software (Right-click Open With -> Windows Disc Image Burner)
Incoming search terms:
- error setting write mode page
- ultraiso error setting write mode page
- error setting write mode page ultraiso
- ultraiso error setting write mode page windows 7
- ultraiso error setting write mode page win7
- ultraiso error setting write page mode
- ultraiso error settings write mode pages
- ultraiso error write mode page
- windows 7 ultraiso error setting write mode page
- error setting mode page ultraiso